This week I have been thoroughly enjoying the opportunity to slow down and begin looking at where my life is going, and taking the time to focus on my writing and myself. So, along the themes of self-empowerment, independence and taking time out, here is my latest list of everyday wanderlust:
– Andrea Dorfman’s Youtube video, “How to be alone“. I remember watching this when it was first shared online in 2010 and I loved it back then.
– London Grammar’s cover of “Wrecking Ball”. OK, so it’s not about empowerment, but this is a hauntingly beautiful cover of 2014’s breakup anthem.
– Listening to Jack Kerouac’s “Big Sur” from www.audiobook.com. I listen to this before I go to sleep. There’s just something about Kerouac’s descriptions and beat rhythm and style that I find so hypnotic. Audiobook.com also has an offer that allows you to download any book for free when you sign up for a free 30 day trial.
– Taking the time to eat something healthy. Lately I have been enjoying simple stir fried vegetables for lunch, and my friend and I cooked a completely delicious lemon salmon dish the other night. So yummy!
– Reading this article about how travel is really all about investing in moments and reminiscing about my own.
– Following the #YesAllWomen tag on Twitter. Women are now talking about their experiences of everyday sexism and misogyny on social media sites to raise awareness.
What everyday elements inspire your independence and self-love? Leave your ideas in the comments below.
PS: Speaking of investing in travel moments, why not check out my post about how travel helps you realise your capabilities?