I can’t believe that yet another week has gone by! Here is my latest list of marvelous medicines for a good life:
– Making my face look as unattractive as possible. Endless hours of entertainment when bored and travelling alone.
– Bumping into old friends on the other side of the world. I was waiting for my bus from Blenheim to Kaikoura in New Zealand when I randomly bumped into a girl I know from home. I was looking at her thinking, ‘I know you from somewhere!’ and I couldn’t think where. After a quick “You’re from Devon?…Whereabouts?…No way?… Me too!” we soon caught up to speed.
– Making new friends. Meeting new people is possibly my favourite thing about travelling and the other day in KaikouraI met the most lovely French people. Bonjour!
– Listening to Awolnation’s, Sail.
– Following Earth Pics on Twitter. Every day they post pictures of the amazing and the awesome. A perfect pick-me-up to remind you of how inspiring the world is.
– Getting back into Pinterest. I haven’t been an avid user of Pinterest since I first got my profile more than a year ago. However, I have been using it recently and it is the perfect place to create picture boards of happiness and positivity.
– Snacking on dried fruit. I know it’s packed with sugar, but when I am backpacking I can’t always carry around bags of fresh fruit and I don’t want to dip my hands into convenient bags of candy. As a compromise, I have been buying all kinds of dried fruits such as mango, papaya, banana, dates and cranberries.
– Watching the movie version of Jack Kerouac’s “On The Road.” I am not convinced that I love the movie version. However, I love the book and it’s awesome to see another person’s interpretation of events. I particularly like how the the female characters were made more central in the movie than how they appear in the novel.
– Enjoying travel blogs via Bloglovin. Bloglovin enables you to follow multiple blogs and filter between read and unread posts. It’s a must-have for anyone who enjoys reading blogs. I particularly enjoyed this post about The Selfishness of Travel by the Professional Hobo. Make sure you follow me!
– Using Maybelline’s Baby Lips. Yummy and moisturising…
– Applauding Sarah Millican for standing her ground and challenging people for judging the dress that she wore to the Baftas. You go, girl.
– 17 things every girl needs to know. So, so, so true!